Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hello Mickey, hello Minnie! :)

The first week here in the US is over now. It was quite stressful and we had to do a lot of paperwork in the beginning. 
When we arrived last Sunday, we got welcomed at the "Chocolate Cookie Office" (where we were of course offered some freshly baked chocolate cookies :) ) and then brought to our apartment at one of the four Disney Housing properties for cast members. 
Our private pool :)
Cinderella Castle 
We didn't know before that the apartement would be completely empty, except for some furniture so we headed for the next WALMART and had a big shopping session to buy everything we needed. We also got to know our housemates on that day: Two Columbian and two Brazilian girls.


On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday a lot of queueing, paperwork and learning house rules and security matters was scheduled. I don't know how many different papers and documents I was given that had to be filled in and signed :D But we got our Housing ID, that we need to enter the Disney buses and housing properties :)


On Wednesday, during the Disney Traditions Class, Mickey Mouse came to visit us and to bring us our Disney name tags, and we went to the Magic Kingdom Park. I got to see the Cinderella Castle for the first time on that day: It is much smaller than I expected it to be, but very beautiful! 
For some reason there is a mistake on my name tag: It says that I'm from Germany but that I'm speaking Dutch! So I will have to get that changed eventually next week. When we got back home we were offered some Papa John's pizza for free in front of our housing property, Chatham Square, and later that night I went to Disney Downtown with Marnie, Jenny and Ines and we took some nice pictures :)
So I can definitely tell that Wednesday was the best day so far, even though we had to get up at 5.30 for the Disney Traditions class.


Aurora, the Sleeping Beauty :)
In between we had to try to settle in, resolve some problems (How do you get to the Florida Mall when you didn't have a proper look at the bus schedule, which is the right prepaid phone card to take if you don't want to buy a whole new phone, and WHY does it take at least two hours to do some little grocery shopping?!).
Yesterday I got to see my work place for the first time: it's the Disney AllStar Resort, the biggest resort on the Disney property! It looks quite nice :) (Disney World Orlando)
I will spend the next four days at Disney University to get acquainted with all the different programs and systems I will have to use at the Front Office, so not much leisure time for me ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment